What is Alaska’s weather in June?
Alaska Weather in June:
Coastal temperature in Alaska in June: 40-60 degrees & 18 hours of daylight. Interior temperature in Alaska in June: 50-70 degrees & 20 hours of daylight. Arctic temperature in Alaska in June: 29-38 degrees & nearly 24 hours of daylight.
Does it snow in June in Anchorage Alaska?
Below zero in June, snow in July
Alaska can be a cold place in summer. The official low for Anaktuvuk Pass on June 25, 1967, was minus-1. … Snow has fallen in Alaska at lower elevations in every month of summer. On a midsummer day 10 years ago (July 17, 2003), more than six inches fell on Cantwell.
Is it hot in Alaska in June?
While weather in Alaska can be sometimes a bit unpredictable, the summer season (mid-June through mid-August) is usually the mildest and warmest time of our year, especially in the Interior, where temperatures can reach well above 80°F / 27°C and when it is not uncommon to see temperatures reach 90°F / 33° C in …
Does it rain a lot in June in Alaska?
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during June in Anchorage is gradually increasing, starting the month at 1.3 inches, when it rarely exceeds 2.2 inches or falls below 0.4 inches, and ending the month at 1.8 inches, when it rarely exceeds 3.2 inches or falls below 0.6 inches.
What should you avoid in Alaska?
20 Things Everyone In Alaska Should Avoid At All Costs
- Farmed seafood. Flickr – Judi Knight. …
- Or buying fish in general. …
- Even feeding your dogs farmed fish. …
- Eating hot dogs. …
- Camping without a view. …
- Snacking on chips from the lower 48. …
- Shopping at big corporate box stores. …
- Drinking wine that isn’t from Alaska.
How long does it stay dark in Anchorage Alaska?
Even though residents of Barrow, the northernmost town in Alaska, won’t see the sun for 67 days come winter, they enjoy the midnight sun all summer – over 80 days of uninterrupted daylight.
Shortest Day of the Year.
|Total Daylight||5 hours 28 minutes|
Which three months are the hottest months in Anchorage?
Average day and night temperature in Anchorage (Alaska) in…
- Cold season / winter is in the months January, February, March, November and December.
- On average, the warmest month is July with 18.0° Celsius (64.4° Fahrenheit).
- On average, the coolest month is January with -5.0° Celsius (23° Fahrenheit).
What should I wear in Alaska in June?
The Packing List:
- 1 waterproof jacket – this one perfectly matches the color of the fireweed pictured below!
- 1-2 performance wool or fleece jackets.
- 1 puffy vest.
- 2-3 warm leggings.
- 1-2 jeans.
- Enough thick socks and undies for a week (wash if staying longer)
- 2-3 long-sleeved base layers, some thermal and some lighter.
Is there snow in Alaska in June?
In most respects, June is the best summer month to make a visit, but it does have some drawbacks to consider: In the Arctic, snow can linger until mid-June; in Southcentral Alaska, trails at high elevations or in the shade may be too muddy or snowy; it’s too early for prime wildlife viewing, and not all activities or …
Can you see the northern lights in Alaska in June?
Yes, you can see the northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, from Anchorage – but not in the summer. The aurora actually occurs all year long, but the sky needs to be clear and dark to see it. Views are best from September to April.