How warm is Anchorage in the summer?
Average Temperature in Anchorage
The warm season lasts for 3.7 months, from May 19 to September 11, with an average daily high temperature above 59°F. The hottest day of the year is July 20, with an average high of 68°F and low of 55°F.
How many hours of daylight in Anchorage in the summer?
Anchorage enjoys a more modest amount of daylight in summer than Barrow – but that’s still a good 19 hours between sunrise and sunset on the longest day of the year, Summer Solstice.
What should you avoid in Alaska?
20 Things Everyone In Alaska Should Avoid At All Costs
- Farmed seafood. Flickr – Judi Knight. …
- Or buying fish in general. …
- Even feeding your dogs farmed fish. …
- Eating hot dogs. …
- Camping without a view. …
- Snacking on chips from the lower 48. …
- Shopping at big corporate box stores. …
- Drinking wine that isn’t from Alaska.
Does Anchorage Alaska have 6 months of darkness?
1. Alaska Gets Six Months of 24-Hour Sunlight and Darkness. … Barrow is one of Alaska’s northernmost cities and gets complete darkness for two months out of the year. During the summer, the sun doesn’t completely set in Barrow from early May until the end of July.
How long does it stay dark in Anchorage Alaska?
Anchorage: This city located in south central Alaska receives only five hours of sunlight on the day of the winter solstice. The sun rises at about 10:15 a.m. before setting at about 3:45 p.m. Barrow: The residents of Alaska’s northernmost town don’t see the sun for 67 days in the winter.
What months is it dark in Alaska?
Utqiaġvik, Alaska, the northernmost town in the US, experiences darkness from November to January every year. The phenomenon is called a polar night. The sun won’t rise in Utqiaġvik again until January 23.
Is Anchorage Alaska Safe?
Alaska’s violent crime rate of 8.85 per 1,000 is the highest in the nation, while its property crime rate is second only to New Mexico’s.
Alaska’s Safest Cities.
|Crime rate per 1,000||62.37|
|Violent crimes per 1,000||13.10|
|Property crimes per 1,000||49.28|
|Law enforcement per 1,000||1.97|
What is the highest temperature recorded in Anchorage Alaska?
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) – Even with some haze in the atmosphere, Anchorage broke the daily high temperature record by hitting 77 degrees as of 4 p.m. Saturday. The previous record was 76 degrees set back in 2016.