How long do you have to live in Alaska to get a driver’s license?
After you become a resident of Alaska, you’ll have 90 days to visit the DMV and transfer your out-of-state vehicle registration and title.
Can you drive without a license in Alaska?
A violation of driving without a valid license in Alaska is traffic infraction. A traffic infraction cannot result in jail time but does carry a fine of up to $300. Exceptions. Certain persons are exempt from the licensing requirement, such as military personnel and farmers driving tractors.
What do you need to get Alaska ID?
Real ID FAQ
- Proof of Identity.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or other Lawful Status.
- Proof of Social Security Number.
- Proof of Name Change (if applicable)
- 2 Documents Verifying Alaska Residency.
Do you need an international driver’s license in Alaska?
The State of Alaska does not issue International Driving Permits.
Can you get your license at 19 without a permit in Alaska?
You must be at least 16 years old or older. You must have held a learner’s permit for a minimum of six (6) months. … Completed Application for Alaska Driver License, Permit or Identification card Application (form D1).
What documents are needed to get a driver’s license?
Examples of acceptable identity documents include: U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, U.S. Armed Forces ID Cards, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card, or a foreign passport with a valid I-94. The I-94 expiration date must be more than 2 months from the date you visit the field office.
Do you have to take a written test to get your license in Alaska?
You must pass the written knowledge test, a vision test, and/or a road test prior to being issued a driver license. You may only take this test once per day. … When you turn 21 your DL/ID expires in 90-Days. You have to pass the Alcohol Test before getting a licence.
How do I get a driver’s license in Alaska?
You can apply for an Alaska license at any DMV office, and you must:
- Surrender your out-of-state driver license.
- Pass a written knowledge test.
- Pass an alcohol and drug awareness test when you reach the age of 21.
- Pass a vision test.
How much does a real ID cost in Alaska?
How much will my license or ID cost?
|State Identification Card||$15||$35|
|State Identification Card Age 60 or older||Free||$20|
|Duplicate Driver or Motorcycle License||$15||$35|
|Alcohol Restricted State Identification Card||$50||$70|
What do I need to bring to the DMV to get my ID?
How to Get a State I.D. Card from the DMV
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
What documents do you need for a real ID?
REAL ID Checklist
- Step 1 of 6: Proof of Identity, Date of Birth and U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Status. …
- Step 2 of 6: Check Your Name. …
- Step 3 of 6: Proof of Your Full Social Security Number (SSN) …
- Step 4 of 6: Provide Proof of Residency. …
- Step 5 of 6: Written Signature. …
- Step 6 of 6: Get Your Documents.